Sunday, July 5, 2009

What to listen to this week


OK

A week late and I finally received my copy of Alexisonfire's new album Old Crows/Young Cardinals. I remember sitting in the back of my friend's VW Golf in early 2002, my buddy Mike put on a CD from this local band which at the time we though Alexisonfire was from Ottawa. I didn't like it, I didn't like the screaming, the singing but both my friends Dave and Mike loved it and for something that I didn't like, still remember when I first heard it. It was only 3 years later that I decided to give it a second chance... suddenly it made sense, the screaming, the singing and the intensity is all there. To this day, the chords might not be the same but the screaming, the singing and the intensity is still present on Alexisonfire's 4th studio album. It's not the self title album that I first heard, nor is it like Watch Out! or Crisis but the energy and band is tighter than ever. Get it, let it sink in and you'll enjoy it. The soundtrack to my summer, for a dying genre (screamo) this band has found a way to evolve and mature in a positive direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment